How has slow writing helped me so far?
- I'm not rushed to get through a scene. My characters can do all the things they need to do to hook the reader and build empathy for their situation.
- I can pay more attention to word choices. Instead of feeling like I'm running as fast as I can from point A to point B, slow writing has given me the feeling of taking a leisurely stroll through my story that allows me to take in all the details and better describe them for the audience.
- I'm able to think through the characters' actions before they begin to derail my plot and crash the story all together.
- I haven't felt the apprehension of the blank page because I know I can take my time and carefully consider the art of the writing, not just the raw words and the mechanics.
- I'm more relaxed knowing that my rough draft is really not so rough. Spewing out paragraphs as fast as I could in the past made me resent the editing process before it even began.