So far I'm finding The Horror of It All: One Moviegoer’s Love Affair with Masked Maniacs, Frightened Virgins, and the Living Dead... by Adam Rockoff surprisingly funny. Really, it's laugh-out-loud stuff. If you're a fan of horror movies, especially the stuff from the early days of video rental, then you should definitely pick up this book when it's released on May 19, 2015.
The title that's turned out to be much more than expected is What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott. I thought this was going to be another R.L. Stine kind of thing for young teens, but it's actually a suspense-riddled horror story that reads like a summer camp slasher film. You can probably imagine how well this reads alongside Rockoff's Horror of It All.
Here's what I'm reading this week:
- The Horror of It All: One Moviegoer’s Love Affair with Masked Maniacs, Frightened Virgins, and the Living Dead... by Adam Rockoff
- What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott
- Burning Down George Orwell's House by Andrew Ervin
- The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac by Sharma Shields
- Maritime Richmond by Dale Totty
If you've wondered why this list is showing up earlier in the week, I'm shuffling the schedule here to move these "What I'm Reading" posts to Mondays. It seems like a logical change to me, so let me know how you like it.
What are you currently reading? Have you recently read something that you'd recommend I check out? Please tell me about it in the comments!