My big plans of wrapping up two books on my list fell through when unexpected car trouble popped up and demanded all of my attention (and every single ounce of my downtime) for a day. Catching up became nearly impossible because of longer hours at the day job and volunteering all of my remaining time at the local elementary school.
In short: Life had plans for me that didn't involve reading.
It happens to everyone. We have days where you practically fall into bed at night without the tiny bit of energy left to open a book. As frustrating as it is, all we can do is get back up and read when we can. That's what I'm hoping to do with the next few days.
Nearly play-for-play the same as the last list, here's what I'm reading this week:
- The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac by Sharma Shields
- Maritime Richmond by Dale Totty
- Leaving Orbit: Notes from the Last Days of American Spaceflight by Margaret Lazarus Dean
- Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older
- The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray: A Critical Appreciation of the World's Finest Actor by Robert Schnakenberg
What are you currently reading? Have you recently read something that you'd recommend I check out? Please tell me about it in the comments!